Cahen Law is a boutique civil litigation firm located in Boca Raton, Florida. The firm's founder, Geoff Cahen, has established himself as go-to counsel in the South Florida region for both businesses and individuals demanding scrupulous representation and responsive communication.
About Geoff Cahen
Born in Cleveland, Ohio, Geoffrey M. Cahen was raised in Shaker Heights, Ohio. After graduating from Miami University, he attended Fordham University School of Law where he won the Best Brief Award in the 2000 I. Maurice Wormser Corporate Law Moot Court Competition and was a member of the Fordham Journal of Corporate and Finance Law. Upon graduation from law school, Mr. Cahen, practiced business litigation at Katten Muchin Rosenman, LLP in New York, New York. In 2005, Mr. Cahen moved to South Florida and joined Greenberg Traurig, P.A. in Boca Raton. At Greenberg Traurig, P.A., Mr. Cahen handled a wide variety of commercial, insurance, probate, real estate and securities litigation.
After nine years at Greenberg Traurig, P.A., Mr. Cahen formed Cahen Law, P.A.
Greenberg Traurig, P.A., Boca Raton, FL 2005 to 2014
Focused practice in commercial, insurance, mortgage, real estate, securities and trust and estate litigation.
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP, New York, NY 2002 to 2005
Concentrated practice in antitrust, commercial and securities litigation.
Fordham University School of Law, J.D., May 2002
Honors and Activities:
• 2000 I. Maurice Wormser Corporate Law Moot Court Competition
• Best Brief Award
• Fordham Journal of Corporate and Finance Law, Staff Member
• Moot Court Board, Staff Member
Miami University, Oxford, OH B.A. (Political Science), May 1999
Honors and Activities: Dean’s List, Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity, Habitat for Humanity
Selected as Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Florida, New York, Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, Eastern District of New York, Middle District of Florida, Southern District of Florida, Southern District of New York.
Moderator and Presenter, The Ins and Outs Of Mergers and Acquisitions, South Florida Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel’s Fourth Annual CLE Conference, September 20, 2013.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND HOBBIES
• Leadership Boca, Class of 2014
• Levis Jewish Community Center of Boca Raton, Director, 2008 to present
• Chairman of Sports and Wellness Committee
• Creator and Co-chairman of Young Leadership Group
• Creator and Chairman of Thanksgiving Turkey Trot
• Anti-Defamation League, Civil Rights Committee Member, 2008 to present
• Florida Bar Referral Service Committee, 2006 to 2012
• B’nai Torah, member, 2012-present
• Recreational ice hockey player.
• Avid runner and road racer; completed 2000 New York Marathon in under 4 hours.
• Cleveland sports fan.